Thursday, February 25, 2010

Country Music

Country music isn’t always about pickup trucks and booze, although it does have a lot to do with them. The music is very misunderstood. No longer do we have to be content with the yee-haw vocals of Reba McEntire and Randy Travis. Country music is breaking out of its shell and it has been for some time. It’s now about Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum and more great artists. The music is nothing to hate. Country music can be relaxing at times. Also, if you find the right range of songs, a party is instantly started. The music knows what is cool but is so laid back it doesn’t have to try too hard. The melodies become a trendy wardrobe mixed with its own old roots. So for all you haters, you need to keep an open mind and try to like the music. You might be surprised, ‘cause I’m telling you, country just ain’t what it used to be.  

5 comments:

  1. Compelling arguement, but I'm cool off of country music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country music is an interesting type of music. At times, country music gives off the impression of red-neck hicks in the South. I don't like country music, but I will admit that some of the best love songs come from the South.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!! YES!!! I'm really glad you wrote this because it's something that people hate but shouldn't. I usually like to get ghetto and put some rap music on, but country music is definitely in my iTunes. I really wish you would've put Shania Twain though cuz lord knows I feel like a woman all the time. And yes, Taylor Swift is actually very popular. Guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit to having a few Taylor Swift songs on my iPod, but as far as most country music goes, I'm not a fan. I do agree though that it is a genre of music that should not solely be hated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel like taking it back to before T. Swift's time, Skeeter Davis' "End of the World" is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete